Saturday 13 January 2007

Day 5- Going Home.....

Woke up feeling both sad and excited at the same time...Sad because we were leaving N and her family , excited because I was seing mine! We did call home everyday (RM1200 worth of calls it seems!) and Johan reported that he could not sleep when I was not around. Happily the family stayed at my mom's.


In the morning we got dressed and packed up. We did not know what to do with the bags so we left them in the room. We went down for breakfast and had tea . What they take for granted over here we pay so much for in Malaysia - the tea had a faint tinge of spice in it and I was told all tea is boiled. Is it??

After that, we went to auntie's house . Of course, she fed us and well. Paushwalli and Manar stayed the nite while N and her husband spent the nite at the hotel . It was good that they can have some time to their own. I know what weddings can be like - you rush here and there and you have no time for yourself or husband ! Or to hear yourself think even!

We waited for them at the house, playing games with the kids. Of course, auntie fed us properly! So much food! There were relatives walking in the house - it was just a steady stream and auntie was telling me that she usually stays alone otherwise! Her leg must be aching she was on "perfect hostess" mode!

Finally nearly noon, N and husband came back. Slight panic as she had forgotten (or G did not tell her) that G's flight to Mangalore where her grandparents are, was about a couple of hours away. Dhi came through (again!) and sent her. It was a sad parting for her as well as she lives in the UK! We have no idea when we are all going to meet up again although I have given my business cards to everyone so that they can come. Esp N and her family- and M and her daughter. too

That's the thing you know, about N and me. When we are together it would be as if we had never left each other and that we see each other every day. When we were in Chelmford all those years ago, we used to call each other every day and see each other as often. She was first my neighbour and then she moved house and we still kept in touch. When we moved away from Chelmsford we would still keep in touch and we left Nadine with them when hubby and I went up to London for his graduation.

We used to moan about how we wished our husbands would just get their professional exams allready the stress was doing us in! Hee hee. We also had another friend - Wei ling. A real muhibah team we were. We used to go everywhere together with our kids! She is Malaysian so I still have some contact with her but not as much as N- I tell you I have seen N more than I saw Wei!

Anyway back to the present, they all asked me what I wanted to do. The groom and bride came back to the house. wink wink nudge nudge . And the bride's family had a reception for them that nite so we could not actually go far. I was happy enough to go around the area nearby and not have to see the sites. Next time!

We saw Juhu first. We stopped at this icecream place which had all the fruit icecream - all home made!V My favourite fruit in the world- ciku - was here - So I had Chicoo icecream, (CIKU!) and tender coconut icecream, and papaya icecream - this was divine. Pic is from
www.onehotstove.blogspot.com which will by the way make you drool as it talks about Indian food! Reminded me about briyani etc!

We drove past JUHU Beach - it was ok, clean, and just by the roadside like in Australia. I'm not going to lie and say everything was hunky dory though. Saw a child stark naked squatting by the roadside and pooing! Image will stick with me forever....! Also we went to a fabric shop for me to get my compulsory couple of yards. I had this worry that they were going to be late for the reception and really - fabric is not that important compared to being late! So I chose a couple of cottons and decided that was it. Not that I don't love all the cottons there I was sooo tempted to get more but I was reminded of my husband's words not to go mad and shop! I have not seen the same kind of white cotton in Malaysia- maybe I have not looked hard enough? There was a saree piece that I loved but Nadine reminded me that I had already bought so many pieces of fabric and she also reminded me of the price she had converted to Ringgit and I realised that hubby was smart by getting her to come with me hee hee hee! My treasurer. We did buy bangles for the kids at home which I left in India. clever me. N bought the girls lovely blouses which would cost a BOMB in KL.
Rushed to get to the airport and inconvenienced everyone who had to figure out how to get to the Bride's dinner held by the Bride's side and still get me to the airport on time. In the end N, her hubby, her sister in law, her brother in law, her niece, all sent me to the airport while on the way to the reception cum dinner. Thank you very much! So sad to say bye bye- although it helped that I was anxious to check in- I am always anxious! Managed to get a few more knick knacks from the duty free - trinkets for the office, really. In the plane, I sat next to this Chinese lady who was also in Mumbai to attend a wedding and was also there during the week that I was! No, not same wedding.....She wore a saree though. Her wedding sounds so elaborate! Held at grand hotels and dancing etc etc. I am sure she had fun but I think I had so much more warmth! Hee hee hee!
Now time to think about what to do with the saree fabric groom gave to me hee hee!
So ends my trip report..once pics have been emailed to me (I hope) I'll post them up..

6 comments:

zewt said...

wah, that's a very long read...

anyway, really muhibbah...

Makji Esah said...

yeah...very muhibbah.

Formerly known as Superwomanwannabe! said...

hey there- thanks!

Hope said...

Hi superwomanwannabe

Looks like you are travellling far too...

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Anonymous said...

india is very interesting u know. 2 years in bangalore, and another 3 to go.*phew*

Unknown said...

Hey, nice site you have here! Keep up the excellent work!

Fabric shops mumbai